tl;dr If you're a feminist, great! The minute you say things like "Misandry doesn't exist" or "Men need to tough it out", all of your points are lost.
> Ironically, all the hairy-legged, shaven-head butchasses saying "misandry doesn't exist" and "don't get your manties in a knot!" by definition makes misandry a thing.
> "Misandry only exists because of misogyny"
> It may very well. And apparently the video game/brony/otaku/any other male-dominated fandom community is the epitome of misogyny, while Muslim extremists and South American drug lords marrying and/or trafficking massive amounts of underage girls in some piss-poor shithole of a country is acceptable bcuz non-white "multiculturalism."
Those wacky esjews. When are you dumb fucks ever gonna learn?
it's saying the complete opposite...
as that's a misandric belief on it's own.
so if you say that misandry doesn't exist...
then you're actually BEING misandric.
-Said no man, ever, only dumbass women who don't know what it's like to have to be 100% masculine all the time or be considered jokes/not real men, are forced/sent to all the dangerous professions throughout history and still get sent off to these today, never get taken seriously if some tragedy happens to them such as rape or loss, shall i go on?
I mean, I really appriciate that people can actually notice problems that men face, but why do you say that being masculine is a problem? I mean, it's kind of true when you think about it - it's like saying that someone who's fat is unhealthy - when you are not masculine you aren't manly/a man. Not saying it's a bad thing though.
I know this comment is a little old but I felt you deserved an answer.
essentially saying all men are in the patriarchy.
Mysigony: Actually gets people RAPED and FUCKING KILLED
Misandry doesn't exist out the interne. Stop crying, it's pathetic.
Y: BOO HOO UR DISABLED GAY AND POOR BOOHOO UR A MAYL U CANT BE SAD GIT OBER IT U HAV PRIVLIJ!1!1!1oneoneone1!eleveneleven11!
man hits woman irl: OMGGG BAD EVIL MANNNNN, STOP HIM, EVIL SICKO
Man hits woman: "YOU PIG!"
- Male rape has been called “The most closely guarded secret of American prisons.” (Weiss and Friar 1974)
There are estimated to be over 300,000 male rapes per year in American prisons and jails.
- Meanwhile A United Nations statistical report compiled from government sources showed that more than 250,000 cases of male-female rape or attempted rape were recorded by police annually. The reported data covered 65 countries.
- According to the 2009 United States National Crime Victimization Survey estimates, only 55% of rapes and sexual assaults were reported to law enforcement officials. When a male is raped, less than 10% are believed to be reported. Female-male and female-female rape are ignored altogether in this survey.
Other facts regarding men and rape:
- 2.1% of men reported forced vaginal sex compared to 1.6% of women in a relationship in the previous year. From: Predictors of Sexual Coersion.
- 94% of sexually abused youth in correctional facilities reported being abused by female staff. From: Sexual Victimization in Juvenile Facilities, 2008-09.
- Among inmates reporting staff sexual misconduct, ~ 65% reported a female aggressor. From: Sexual Victimization in Prisons and Jails Reported by Inmates, 2008-09.
- 50% of homeless youth reported being sexually abused by a female. From: It’s Not What You Think: Sexually Exploited Youth in British Columbia
- A woman is the party filing for divorce in about 66% of divorce cases.
“How often was it that many more of women wanted the divorce more than the men?
2/3. The same as the amount responsible for divorce filings. And yet another study of divorced couples found that the majority of divorced wives and husbands both agreed it was the wife who wanted out.”
- Women receive custody in about 84% of child custody cases.
In the spring of 2002, an estimated 13.4 million parents had custody of 21.5 million children under 21 years of age whose other parent lived somewhere else. About 5 of every 6 custodial parents were mothers (84.4 percent) and 1in 6 were fathers (15.6 percent), proportions statistically unchanged since 1994
According to Los Angeles divorce consultant Jayne Major:
“Divorced men are often devastated by the loss of their children. It’s a little known fact that in the United States men initiate only a small number of the divorces involving children. Most of the men I deal with never saw their divorces coming, and they are often treated very unfairly by the family courts.’”
- Paternity fraud is rampant in the U.S.
30% of those named as fathers who test for paternity find they are not the biological father.
- Not only is all this imbalance around marriage and children unfair to men, we must also consider that the damaged inflicted on fatherless children is staggering:
63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes (US Dept. Of Health/Census) – 5 times the average.
90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes – 32 times the average.
85% of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes – 20 times the average. (Center for Disease Control)
80% of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes –14 times the average. (Justice & Behavior, Vol 14, p. 403-26)
71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes – 9 times the average. (National Principals Association Report)
75% of all adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes – 10 times the average. (Rainbows for All God’s Children)
70% of youths in state-operated institutions come from fatherless homes – 9 times the average. (U.S. Dept. of Justice, Sept. 1988)
85% of all youths in prison come from fatherless homes – 20 times the average. (Fulton Co. Georgia, Texas Dept. of Correction)
- There is blatant anti-male discrimination in the criminal justice system and the sentencing disparity between men and women exceeds that between whites and any other minority.
- Avg sentences for crime by gender:
Female – 18.51 months
Male – 51.52 months
- “Judge bashes Probation Department for gender bias in favor of leniency for girls”
- The 2006 United States’ rate of incarceration of 751 inmates per 100,000 population is the highest reported rate in the world, well ahead of the Russian rate of 628 per 100,000.
93% of the prison population is male with over 60% having no High School education. America has now passed Russia as the country that has the largest percentage of its population incarcerated, yet we still claim to be the freest country on earth.
The number of persons on probation and parole has been growing dramatically along with institutional populations. There are now 7.2 million Americans incarcerated or on probation or parole, an increase of more than 290 percent since 1980.
- The problem of sentencing disparities is compounded by an epidemic of false accusations:
205 (and growing) wrongly convicted people have been exonerated by DNA evidence since the beginning of the Innocence Project.
204 of the wrongly convicted were men.
Most of them were falsely imprisoned for rape.
- As we saw in the Duke Lacrosse rape case fiasco, false accusers are rarely prosecuted and when they are it is only as a misdemeanor (at most), while rape itself is vigorously prosecuted as a felony. The Duke false accuser, Crystal Gayle Mangum went on to commit assault, arson and finally murder before authorities made a good faith intervention.
One attorney speaking at premiere for the movie, After Innocence, estimates that there are between 20,000 and 100,000 wrongly convicted still in prison.
Valid research puts the estimated false rape reporting rate at 41%
Has it all been pointed for countless generations in favor of women? No? Then it isn't misandry. Most of the people behind unfair rulings and who are the perpetrators themselves are men.
Give me your words, not a bunch of links.
he provides this, you do not
he has the more convincing argument
Misandry is the hatred of men, not oppression. And the way you seem to act, you seem pretty misandric yourself.
And I'm just laughing and really confused I honestly don't remember even talking to him lmao
And quite frankly, hating your oppressor seems like a pretty VALID response to being oppressed. I'm not gonna even bother with your links. Misandry is not real and everything you're bitching about is ultimately patriarchal.
You can stop being a moron and click the links I sent you. People like you disgust me. And they say I'm the troll.
And this patriarchy you're talking about is misandric too, forcing men to be what they're not. You can continue being a douche nozzle.
Ah yes, the Amazing Atheist. Thanks but no thanks. And no ones trolling here, i'm just waiting for you to show me where society has put down men for generation after generation instead of isolated incidents which can be EASILY outnumbered by ACTUAL misogynistic crime/tragedies. That guy who did the drive by because no one would sleep with him. There are UNCOUNTABLE cases like this. Show me any number of females getting murderously aggressive because some guy wouldn't sleep with them, and I can show you FAR MORE.
And please, keep on with the insults. They're really relevant and helping your position.
You're probably one of those people who STILL think TJ is sexist even though he already explained himself. Society always expects men to be something they're not. Misandry has been here longer than you think.
You think men's issues are "incomparable" to women's. That is a load of garbage. (Seriously, some feminazis complain because they can't show their breasts in public.) I don't even know what you're talking about there. What I have heard of is men's rights being laughed off, but women's rights being cheered for. That is a huge double standard.